Senior Data Scientist
Mporium is a technology company with the vision to build the world’s smartest marketeer in the cloud — a platform that monitors all kinds of external signals and events that happen in the world and that, fuelled by artificial intelligence and models that learn from data, identifies how these signals optimally translate into timely opportunities in marketing and commerce, and actions on these opportunities.
Marketing is about being able to deliver the right message (what) to the right people (who) at the right time (when). Data management platforms and advertising delivery platforms such as Google or Facebook are very good at identifying and reaching audiences, i.e., they excel at the who part.
Mporium adds intelligence to the when part, and, by that, also the who and what parts if these vary with time. Marketeers know that the efficiency of their campaigns is greatly influenced by external events and factors that the delivery platforms themselves know little or nothing about, e.g., what’s on TV, what influencers are posting on social media, how a football game unfolds, etc.
That’s where Mporium enters the picture — we identify pertinent “micro-moments” of opportunity and optimise the marketing campaigns accordingly.
Everything is delivered as software-as-a-service.
The Decisions team manages the intelligence, including data science, that decides when the inputs should somehow trigger the outputs. The Decisions team is looking to further strengthen its data science staff and is looking for a candidate:
- Management of the Decisions team within Mporium, leading a team of 5+ data scientists and engineers.
- Reporting to the CTO and COO on daily operations and workload.
- Developing new technology to improve the service to clients.
- Driving performance within the team through regular meetings, performance reviews and sprints.
- Communicating with other teams to work collaboratively and effectively within the business.
- Must have a strong background in statistics and machine learning.
- Must have the ability to work with large volumes of data and work to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to apply statistical methods and marketing science to business problems.
- Must be able to perform data analysis, document findings and present to internal team and/or clients
- Must have worked with time series modelling, classification and clustering problems on large, sparse datasets. Ideally also has some experience with reinforcement learning.
- Must know Python, and ideally also Java and Scala.
- Has some experience with machine learning tools and frameworks such as, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow and Keras.
- Ideally has experience with working with multiple types of data, e.g., both numbers, text, images and video.
- Work well as part of small development teams.
- Be self-driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be curious and willing to learn new things.
- Have a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
- Have a university degree.
- Have adequate English skills.
Mporium uses agile software development processes, and all candidates will be expected to take part in all aspects of this: E.g., daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives. Candidates will also be exposed to tools and frameworks such as Jira and Git.
From £ competitive plus benefits
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th July 2018
Date Posted: 12th June 2018