Full Stack Engineer
Mporium is a device agnostic technology company at the forefront of digital advertising. Our Moment technology enables advertisers and agencies to achieve better outcomes from digital advertising campaigns. Our patent pending technology delivers superior outcomes across all devices for Search, Social & Display. Business benefits include increased relevance for brands and superior consumer engagement. These benefits are achieved through the systematic and precise targeting of digital advertising campaigns, which are synchronised in real-time with the events that drive consumer engagement: events that Google refer to as “micro-moments”. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Mporium Group works with some of the most prestigious media agencies and brands globally.
The Full Stack Engineer will work within a team which looks after a number of services which uses world events to effect changes to client Ad Campaigns.
You will design and build our future products. You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of backend services and systems, working with product teams, DevOps engineers, Data Scientists and front-end developers.
- Analyse and understand the product requirements, architect and engineer solutions by collaborating with other teams and relevant stakeholders
- Continuously improve the quality of our processes, services, standards and architecture, taking ownership of our services, products and customer needs
- Stay at the leading edge of development practices to share best practice with the team and continuously improve our platform
- Work in an agile environment by following agile development practices e:g XP techniques, such as pair programming, BDD, TDD, prototyping, CI,CD, infrastructure as code
- Will be expected to take part in all aspects of Agile Development E:G daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives and will be exposed to tools and frameworks such as Jira and Git.
- Required to participate in the daily stand up and scrum ceremonies
- To responsibly contribute to the architectural evolution of our platform
- Continuously improve the quality of our code
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining the applications within the team
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Be involved in the hiring process for new team members
- Mentoring and developing others in the team through peer to peer mentoring sessions and workshops
- Working closely with off shore teams and developers
Will be expected to work within the development team, collaborating with DevOps, Product, Data Scientists, UX, and other Subject Matter Experts
- Must have extensive experience with Java (at least 8), and a solid background in building Rest APIs.
- Have experience with Postgres database and no-sql databases, with JPA/hibernate/
- Has demonstrable experience with container technologies, in production e.g., Docker.
- Has extensive experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot, micro-services architecture paradigm., and grade build
- has some experience with API development with authentication, e.g., using OAuth.
- Has some experience working with AWS.
- Essential that they have either a scripting languages or orchestration tools
- Understanding of JVM
- Unitests, Junit, and Morckito
- Have a related university degree or equivalent experience
- Have adequate written and spoken English skills.
- Work well as part of small and mid -sized development teams.
- Be self-driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be curious and continuously learning new things.
- Have a flexible approach to problem-solving.
Contribute to a positive working environment.
- Experience of delivering products iteratively in an agile environment
- Experience of building API’s based on contract, E:G Swagger, RAML, Graph QL
- Has experience of TDD, BDD CI and CD
- Have experience with concurrent java applications
- Experience with Google Adwords, Facebook or other online advertising platforms.
- Experience of other programming languages an advantage
Date Posted: 8th August 2018