Mporium is a technology company with the vision to build the world’s smartest marketeer in the cloud — a platform that monitors all kinds of external signals and events that happen in the world and that, fuelled by artificial intelligence and models that learn from data, identifies how these signals optimally translate into timely opportunities in marketing and commerce, and actions on these opportunities.
Marketing is about being able to deliver the right message (what) to the right people (who) at the right time (when). Data management platforms and advertising delivery platforms such as Google or Facebook are very good at identifying and reaching audiences, i.e., they excel at the who part. Mporium adds intelligence to the when part, and, by that, also the who and what parts if these vary with time. Marketeers know that the efficiency of their campaigns is greatly influenced by external events and factors that the delivery platforms themselves know little or nothing about, e.g., what’s on TV, what influencers are posting on social media, how a football game unfolds, etc. That’s where Mporium enters the picture — we identify pertinent “micro-moments” of opportunity and optimise the marketing campaigns accordingly.
Everything is delivered as software-as-a-service.
At Mporium there are four main development teams deploying multiple microservices with different languages and architectures. We run the vast majority of our services on AWS.
As a DevOps Engineer at Mporium you will do “devops” work and have an active role within our development team. You will be responsible for:
- Leading and coordinating company-wide engineering tasks.
- Being a source of expertise and mentoring other developers.
- Harmonising each team’s build, integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Formalizing key elements of our existing devops efforts.
- Continually evaluating our existing work to ensure we deliver high quality engineering as standard.
- Taking every incident as an opportunity to learn about how we can improve.
Someone who will be successful in their application for this role should:
- Have experience with AWS, be comfortable using many of the AWS services, and should have intimate knowledge of two or more of the AWS services (e.g., EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, DynamoDB, and so on.)
- Have practical experience of deploying immutable infrastructure and infrastructure automation.
- Have several years of experience as a software engineer.
- Have several years of experience using Linux and Bash.
- Be able to present technical best practices in a format that is unambiguous and easy to implement.
- Be generally security-conscious and know how the Internet works.
- It is desirable that you have experience with container technologies, e.g., Docker.
- It is desirable that you have owned and been responsible for one or more services.
- It is desirable that you have experience with Apache Storm or Zookeeper.
General requirements include:
- Work well as part of small development teams.
- Be self-driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be curious and willing to learn new things.
- Have a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
- Have adequate English skills.
Date Posted: 21st May 2018