Mporium is a technology company with the vision to build the world’s smartest marketeer in the cloud — a platform that monitors all kinds of external signals and events that happen in the world and that, fuelled by artificial intelligence and models that learn from data, identifies how these signals optimally translate into timely opportunities in marketing and commerce, and actions on these opportunities.
Marketing is about being able to deliver the right message (what) to the right people (who) at the right time (when). Data management platforms and advertising delivery platforms such as Google or Facebook are very good at identifying and reaching audiences, i.e., they excel at the who part. Mporium adds intelligence to the when part, and, by that, also the who and what parts if these vary with time. Marketeers know that the efficiency of their campaigns is greatly influenced by external events and factors that the delivery platforms themselves know little or nothing about, e.g., what’s on TV, what influencers are posting on social media, how a football game unfolds, etc. That’s where Mporium enters the picture — we identify pertinent “micro-moments” of opportunity and optimise the marketing campaigns accordingly.
Everything is delivered as software-as-a-service.
The Signals team manages all feeds and processing of input signals on which the system can potentially trigger. The team also manages the core infrastructure (AWS in particular) on which the system is built. The Signals team is looking for a candidate that:
- Must have experience with AWS.
- Has experience with automated build tools and processes.
- Ideally has some experience with container technologies, e.g., Docker.
- Ideally has some experience with non-relational databases, e.g., Couchbase.
- Ideally has some experience with the capture and processing of images.
- Is generally security-conscious and knows how the Internet works.
General requirements include:
- Work well as part of small development teams.
- Be self-driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be curious and willing to learn new things.
- Have a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
- Have a university degree.
- Have adequate English skills.
Mporium uses agile software development processes, and all candidates will be expected to take part in all aspects of this: E.g., daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives. Candidates will also be exposed to tools and frameworks such as Jira and Git.
Date Posted: 1st January 2019