Mporium is a technology company with the vision to build the world’s smartest marketeer in the cloud — a platform that monitors all kinds of external signals and events that happen in the world and that, fuelled by artificial intelligence and models that learn from data, identifies how these signals optimally translate into timely opportunities in marketing and commerce, and actions on these opportunities.
Marketing is about being able to deliver the right message (what) to the right people (who) at the right time (when). Data management platforms and advertising delivery platforms such as Google or Facebook are very good at identifying and reaching audiences, i.e., they excel at the who part. Mporium adds intelligence to the when part, and, by that, also the who and what parts if these vary with time. Marketeers know that the efficiency of their campaigns is greatly influenced by external events and factors that the delivery platforms themselves know little or nothing about, e.g., what’s on TV, what influencers are posting on social media, how a football game unfolds, etc. That’s where Mporium enters the picture — we identify pertinent “micro-moments” of opportunity and optimise the marketing campaigns accordingly.
Everything is delivered as software-as-a-service.
The Decisions team manages the intelligence, including data science, that decides when the inputs should somehow trigger the outputs. The Decisions team is looking for a candidate that:
- Must have extensive experience with at least two of the following programming languages: Java, Python, and Scala.
- Must have a keen interest in big data and machine learning, and ideally some experience in industrial applications of this.
- Ideally has some experience with data processing frameworks such as, e.g., Storm, Spark, EMR, Airflow, Databricks, or NiFi.
- Has experience with cloud providers such as AWS and container technologies.
- Experience with Google Adwords or other online advertising platforms is a bonus but not a prerequisite.
General requirements include:
- Work well as part of small development teams.
- Be self-driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be curious and willing to learn new things.
- Have a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
- Have a university degree.
- Has adequate English skills.
Mporium uses agile software development processes, and all candidates will be expected to take part in all aspects of this: E.g., daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives. Candidates will also be exposed to tools and frameworks such as Jira and Git.
Date Posted: 18th December 2017